PhosChol is the #1 Healthcare Professional Brand of Pharmaceutical Grade PPC
Since 1982, PhosChol has been leading professional brand of pharmaceutical grade PPC (polyenyl-phosphatidylcholine). In fact, over 200 million doses have been administered by doctors in the United States alone. PhosChol is the Gold Standard; A 100 Percent Purified Active Ingredient that delivers the highest concentrated source of 1,2 DLPC, a very special molecule responsible for PhosChol's superior efficacy and results.
Life happens on the membrane and purified PPC (PhosChol) provides the building blocks essential to cellular membrane, repair, regeneration and function.
Like bricks of a wall, cellular membranes act as barriers to protect each cell and organelle in the human body, maintaining cellular structure, function and co-operation.
Membranes are an essential building block for life as cells, tissues, organs and ultimately an organism cannot be formed without them. Without PC and cellular membranes, life as we know it would not be possible.
Phosphatidylcholine clearly plays a vital role in human life. Its role is even more important when unhealthy lifestyle choices are made. For example, excess consumption of processed carbohydrates, sugar and HFCS, alcohol, and drugs and prescription medications, among others, can lead to cell membrane damage. When cell membranes become oxidized and damaged, cell metabolism/function decreases, and good health becomes compromised. When membrane damages are present, PC is in high demand to help form, proliferate, restructure and repair cell membranes and to enhance cell membrane-dependent metabolism.
More than 1,500 experimental and clinical investigations clearly demonstrate that PPC and its primary active ingredient 1,2 dilinoleoylphosphatidylcholine (DLPC) significantly improve membrane-dependent cellular and organ functions (i.e. enzyme activities). DLPC is quantitatively and qualitatively responsible for the superior therapeutic effects of purified phosphatidylcholine. And PPC is the only phosphatidylcholine able to deliver a therapeutic dose of DLPC.
With all of the products available to you and/or your patients, why consider PhosChol?
The answer is simple:
- PhosChol's unique mode of action and proven results
- Over 40 years of use in the United States
- Trusted by doctors - Over 200 million doses administered by doctors in the U.S. alone
- Broad and deep clinical documentation
- Gold Standard - 100% purified and pharmaceutical grade polyenylphosphatidylcholine (PPC)
- The highest concentrated source of the cell membrane superstar - 1,2 Dilinoleoylphosphatidylcholine (DLPC - Up To 52%)
- Unsurpassed safety record
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
What is PPC good for?
70 years of Clinical studies and pharmacological investigations demonstrate PPC is a cell membrane therapeutic and supports Liver, Brain, Gut, Heart, Blood Vessels, Cellular and Liver Detox, among others.
Common Areas of Application:
The liver is the key biochemical factory in our body, responsible for most of the synthesis, metabolism, excretion and detoxification necessary to live. Chronic damage to the liver induces the formation of fibrous tissue, which can lead to cirrhosis. PPC’s cell protective effects have been corroborated in at least 140 pharmacological studies, with chemical substances, medication, alcohol, and radiation exposure overload being some of the cases examined. More than 200 clinical trials have been performed, showing an accelerated improvement or normalization of subjective symptoms, clinical findings, biochemical functions, cell health (histology), and a shortened hospital stay.
PPC is incorporated into the liver cell membranes in toto as shown with the help of double-radioactive labeling.
Clinical Studies Suggest PPC:
- Restructures damaged membranes
- Normalizes cellular permeability
- Improves cell metabolism
- Reactivates membrane-bound enzymes
- Stimulates hepatocyte regeneration
Enhanced Glutathione Production*
PPC replenishes the body’s own Glutahtione (GSH) pool. The probable reason is that PPC corrects the hepatic oxidative stress by restoring S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), and adequate levels of SAMe are necessary to produce enough GSH by transsulfuration.
- Supplemented Glutathione (GSH) is poorly absorbed in the gastro- intestinal tract and is therefore preferable to be produced naturally.
- Synthesis of GSH in the body includes cysteine production via a transsulfurtion pathway, serving as GSH’s ultimate precursor.
- PPC corrects hepatic oxidative stress by restoring S-adenosyl- methionine (SAMe) in the liver.
- SAMe is an essential precursor for glutathione production and liver detoxiﬁcation.
- PPC acts antioxidatively in the liver by reducing toxic free radicals and by replenishing the body’s own GSH pool.
- GSH is a major intracellular antioxidant and increased levels of GSH are necessary to detoxify the liver, ﬁght against toxic radicals and reduce oxidative stress.
The Blood Vessels*
PPC positively influences various conditions related to the development and progression of atherosclerosis, such as lipoprotein alterations and free radical-induced lipid peroxidation. Other results include improved cholesterol, triglyceride, and LDL to HDL cholesterol ratio, and a reduction in atherosclerotic plaque formation. Excessive blood clotting is also reduced, and blood flow properties and microcirculation are improved.
The Influence on Lipoprotein Metabolism*
In order to be effective, an anti-dyslipoproteinemic treatment should act simultaneously on the blood and vascular walls. The treatment must accordingly aim at improving a pathological lipoprotein pattern as well as reversing existing atherosclerotic changes of the vascular wall. PPC meets this requirement.
Clinical Studies Suggest PPC:
- Restores pathological lipoprotein patterns to normal
- Reduces elevated blood lipid levels
- Improves blood flow properties
- Mobilizes cholesterol and facilitates its removal from arterial walls
The mitochondria are essential to multicellular life. Without mitochondria, cells cease to respire aerobically and quickly die, a process exploited by some apoptotic pathways.
Depletion of phosphatidylcholine in the membranes of liver mitochondria is an early manifestation of the decreased capacity of the mitochondria to control cellular respiration, to oxidize substrates, and to form high energy phosphate metabolites.
During the last decade, several investigations have shown that PPC with its special ingredient 1.2- DLPC positively affects the structure and function of mitochondria.
The efficacy of PPC is not limited to the liver. Administered at a recommended dose levels, PPC facilitated the general repair process of mitochondrial membranes of spongiocytes of the zona fasciculata of the adrenal cortex.
According to the published data, PPC with DLPC as its key component is of special value for the restructuring and functioning of the double membrane of mitochondria.
Although PPC does not directly influence sugar levels, it protects pancreatic ß-cells against oxidative stress, acts as an anti-fibrogenic agent, aids against metabolic syndrome by improving lipid levels and by delaying and inhibiting diabetes-associated vascular processes, and by improving clinical symptoms such as reduced walking distance and myocardial infarction.
As a membrane therapeutic PPC has been shown to be a valuable supplement for diabetics with insulin or oral anti-diabetics if the treatment does not lead to a restoration of normal lipid metabolism.
Clinical Studies Suggest PPC:
- Positive effects on plasma lipids, plasma lipoproteins, and on
- blood vessels
- Improves the lipoprotein profile in diabetic patients
- Influences reverse cholesterol transport to the liver and may help
- reduce consequences of hyperlipidemia
- Delays and inhibits diabetes-associated vascular processes
- Reduces the risk of atherosclerosis
- Positive decreasing effects in some patients to the sensitivity rate of peripheral tissues to insulin
- Reduces signs of liver damage such as non-alcoholic and diabetes associated fatty liver
It is well known that low choline levels, deficiency in unsaturated fatty acids, and increased rigidity of neuronal membranes may influence metabolic processes and nerve function, leading to memory loss and concentration disturbances. It has been shown that long-term PPC use aids the brain with such problems.
Through a complex process PPC provides a biologically preferred source of choline that is safe and readily available for use in the body’s manufacture of acetylcholine, an essential neurotransmitter.
Studies show that three (3) grams of PhosChol doubled blood choline levels in six (6) hours.
Research has determine that PPC has an affinity for the gastric and intestinal mucosa with a protective and therapeutic effect on these tissues. It is interesting to see that the positive influence of PPC on local biochemical mediators, lipid peroxidation, and collagen deposition is extended to the gastrointestinal tract. Studies show that PPC helps to protect the gastrointestinal mucosa against stress ulcer formation, NSAID-induced inflammation and gastric erosions, among others.
Studies Show that PPC:
- Is a central component of and is integrated into the gastric mucosal
- Blocks pro-inflammatory cell communication and demonstrates anti-fibrogenic effects
- Exerts a significant protective effect against gastric ulcer formation especially under treatment of NSAID’s
- Relieves symptoms over time of patients suffering from stomach aches
Skin and Aging
Skin and other membranes change composition during the aging process, as more cholesterol and less phosphatidylcholine with polyunsaturated fatty acids are incorporated into the membranes. They frequently become more rigid, partly recognized as wrinkles. PPC restructures cell membranes, increases membrane flexibility, repairs cell and organelle membranes and improves cell metabolism and function. In short, PPC keeps cells younger, healthier, and more active.
There is strong and increasing scientific evidence that PPC in a natural supplement form has substantial benefits for many cell membrane-related dysfunctions. Supplemented PPC is a superior membrane therapeutic, an essential building block for life, and a necessary component for better health.*